Which is the world's tallest statue?
KBC Registration Question - 12th May 2019
B. Statue of unity
Statue of unity
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was inaugurated the world's tallest statue -- that of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel -- on October 31, 2018, Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani announced on September 9, 2018.
October 31 also marks the 143rd birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, the Ironman of India.
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT THE WORLD'S TALLEST STATUE
1. The statue will be called the 'Statue of Unity', and will be a symbol of the country's unity and integrity.
2. The 182-metre-high (600 ft) Statue of Unity will be twice the size of New York's Statue of Liberty.
3. The statue is located some 200 km (125 miles) from the state's main city, Ahmedabad.
4. An army of 2,500 workers, including several hundred Chinese labourers, are tirelessly working round the clock to put 5,000 squares of bronze on the figure of Patel so it can be ready for inauguration on October 31 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
5. A 3.5 km highway will be built to connect the Statue of Unity in Sadhu Island to Kevadia town in Gujarat.
6. The Statue of Unity will have a viewing gallery at a height of 153 m, which can accommodate up to 200 visitors at a go, and will offer an expansive view of the dam and its environs.
7. It will be able to withstand wind velocity up to 60m/sec, vibration and earthquakes.
8. 22500 m ton (22500000 kg) of cement has been used to build the Statue of Unity.
Madhvi Harsh Garg from Noida, India is saying Statue of Liberty is correct answer
ashray shah from Jabalpur, India is saying Statue of Unity is correct answer
- [A] Return to Ayodhya
- [B] Birth
- [C] Exile
- [D] Coronation
- [A] Victoria Memorial, Kolkatta
- [B] Taj Mahal, Agra
- [C] Charminar, Hyderabad
- [D] Lal Quila, Delhi
- [A] Airbus
- [B] Boeing
- [C] ATR
- [D] Embraer
- [A] Nachiketa
- [B] Abhinandan
- [C] Narendra
- [D] Mahendra
- [A] Pratima Singh, Ishant Sharma
- [B] Sania Mirza, Shoaib Malik
- [C] Dipika Pallikal, Dinesh Karthik
- [D] Saina Nehwal, P Kashyap