Which of the following taxes are levied exclusively by the union government? 1. Corporation Tax 2. Taxes on advertisement in the newspapers 3. Taxes on Agricultural income 4. Taxes on consumption/sale of electricity
Nazia Sayed from Mumbai, India is saying 1 & 2 is correct answer
Sayed badruzama from Mumbai, India is saying Only 1 is correct answer
The book "Springing Tiger: A Study of a Revolutionary" is a biographical work on which one of the following freedom fighters?
- [A] Bhagat Singh
- [B] Mangal Pandey
- [C] Subhas Chandra Bose
- [D] Chandra Shekhar Azad
Triple centuries have been scored thrice only at two venues. Which of the following is the only ground apart from 'Headingley, Leeds' to have this honour?
- [A] Antigua Recreation Ground (St John�??s)
- [B] The Oval (London)
- [C] Sabina Park (Kingston)
- [D] Sinhalese Cricket Ground (Colombo)
Which of the following is incorrect?
1. India is now the world's second largest textile exporter after China.
2. China still maintains a heavy lead over India with its trade volume being almost 7 times as high.
3. Bangladesh, Germany and Italy secured third, fourth and fifth ranks respectively.
4. Textiles includes everything from fibre and yarn to fabric, readymade garments made of cotton, silk, wool and synthetic yarn.
- [A] Only 1
- [B] Only 4
- [C] Only 2
- [D] Only 3
Which of the following is/are correct regarding the termination of sitting of a House in Parliament? 1. Only the Lok Sabha is subject to dissolution. 2. The powers of dissolution and prorogation are exercised by the President on the advice of the Council of Ministers. 3. The power to adjourn the daily sittings of the House of the People and the Council of States belongs to the Speaker and the Chairman respectively.
- [A] 1 & 2
- [B] Only 1
- [C] 1 & 3
- [D] All of the above
- [A] Eimear McBride
- [B] Donna Tartt
- [C] Kate Mosse
- [D] Jhumpa Lahiri