Match the following events with relevant year
1. Nagaland granted statehood
2. Sikkim joined Indian Union as a state
3. Bombay split into Maharashtra and Gujarat
4. States of Megahalaya, Mizoram and UT of Arunachal Pradesh carved out of Assam
Nazia Sayed from Mumbai, India is saying 1.a, 2.d, 3.b, 4.c is correct answer
Sayed badruzama from Mumbai, India is saying 1.a, 2.d, 3.b, 4.c is correct answer
Aashay Agarwal from Kashipur, India is saying 1.c, 2.d, 3.a, 4.b is correct answer
With what purpose is the government of India promoting the concept of 'Mega food parksâ€ ? 1. To provide good infrastructure facilities for the food processing industry. 2. To increase the processing of perishable items and reduce wastage. 3. To provide emerging and eco-friendly food processing technologies to entrepreneurs. Select the correct answer using the codes given below :
- [A] 1 only
- [B] 1 and 2 only
- [C] 2 and 3 only
- [D] 1,2 and 3
Which of the following is/are right about Baileys Women's Prize for Fiction? 1. This literary award, earlier called the Orange Prize, is open to all women novel writers (English) across the world. 2. The Lowland, 2nd novel of Indian American author Jhumpa Lahiri, has been shortlisted with 5 others for the 2014 Baileys Women's Prize for Fiction. 3. The 2013 award was won by the Madeline Miller for her novel 'The Song of Achilles'.
- [A] Only 2
- [B] 1 & 2
- [C] 2 & 3
- [D] All of the above
Which of the following is/are correct about the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)?
1. It is the world's largest security-oriented intergovernmental organization.
2. Its membership is limited to countries of Europe.
3. The six official languages of the OSCE are English, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish.
- [A] 1 & 2
- [B] 2 & 3
- [C] 1 & 3
- [D] All of the above
Match the following International day with their dates 1. International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action a. April 2 2. World Malaria Day b. April 25 3. World Autism Awareness Day c. April 22 4. International Mother Earth Day d. April 4
- [A] 1.d, 2.b, 3.a, 4.c
- [B] 1.c, 2.b, 3.a, 4.d
- [C] 1.a, 2.d, 3.a, 4.b
- [D] 1.b, 2.a, 3.d, 4.c
Which of the following has recently (Apr 2014) been appointed as the Chairman of Nasscom for 2014-15 ?
- [A] Krishnakumar Natarajan
- [B] Natarajan Chandrasekaran
- [C] R Chandrasekaran
- [D] Harsh Manglik