In the following question, an idiomatic expression or a proverb is highlighted. Select the alternative which best describes its use in the sentence.
I am really caught between two stools and cannot decide on my leaving the old job and joining the new one.
Nazia Sayed from Mumbai, India is saying Facing a number of problems is correct answer
SARANG from Patna, India is saying Having difficulty in taking a decision is correct answer
- [A] He was the leader so he should have maintained his standard.
- [B] He could have been punished for going against the customs of the country.
- [C] Mandela was adamant but the assistant did not want his negative quality to emerge in front of the people.
- [D] According to the Chinese custom, if Mandela would have prevented the service ladies from making his bed, they would have felt insulted.
- [A] To take permission from them.
- [B] To tell them it was his habit of making his own bed.
- [C] To tell them not to take his action as an insult.
- [D] To tell them he did not care about the custom of the country.
Out of the four alternatives, choose the one which best expresses the opposite meaning of the given word.
- [A] Covet
- [B] Deluding
- [C] Beguile
- [D] Repulsive