In a flowering plants megaspore undergoes mitosis and develops into a
Krishna .v is saying Seed is correct answer
Louis Banda is saying Ovary is correct answer
Chinmayee Mickon is saying Seed is correct answer
Arya Tripathi from Kanpur, India is saying Anther is correct answer
Nazia Sayed from Mumbai, India is saying Seed is correct answer
- [A] depend for their nutrition on micro-organisms which can survive only at low temperature
- [B] do not need sunlight for photosynthesis
- [C] require presence of water for fertilization
- [D] cannot compete with sun-loving plants
- [A] Angiosperm
- [B] Cycas
- [C] Nephrolepis
- [D] Polytrichum
Read the following statements (A-E) and answer the question which follows them [NEET 2013]
(A) In liverworts, mosses, and ferns gametophytes are free-living
(B) Gymnosperms and some ferns are heterosporous
(C) Sexual reproduction in Fucus, Volvox and Albugo is oogamous
(D) The sporophyte in liverworts is more elaborate than that in mosses
(E) Both, Pinus and Marchantia are dioecious
How many of the above statements are correct?
- [A] One
- [B] Two
- [C] Three
- [D] Four
- [A] Antheridiophores and archegoniophores are present in pteridophytes.
- [B] Origin of seed habit can be traced in pteridophytes.
- [C] Pteridophyte gametophyte has a protonemal and leafy stage.
- [D] In gymnosperms female gametophyte is free-living.