Coronavirus (COVID-19) Quiz Questions and Answers. These questions may asked in upcoming Govt. Competitve Exams. Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that are known to cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).
Coronavirus (COVID-19) disease is an infectious disease caused by a new virus.
The disease causes respiratory illness (like the flu) with symptoms such as a cough, fever, and in more severe cases, difficulty breathing. You can protect yourself by washing your hands frequently, avoiding touching your face, and avoiding close contact (1 meter or 3 feet) with people who are unwell.
How Coronavirus Spreads?
Coronavirus disease spreads primarily through contact with an infected person when they cough or sneeze. It also spreads when a person touches a surface or object that has the virus on it, then touches their eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Air by Cough or Sneezing
- Personal Contact (Like: Hug, Hand Shake, etc)
- Contaminated Objects (Like: Milk Packets, Raw Vegitables & Fruits, Newspapers, Currency Notes & Coins, etc)
- Mass Geathering
People of all ages CAN be infected by the coronavirus. Older people, and people with pre-existing medical conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, heart disease) appear to be more vulnerable to becoming severely ill with the virus.
People may be sick with the virus for 1 to 14 days before developing symptoms. The most common symptoms of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) are fever, tiredness, and dry cough. Most people (about 80%) recover from the disease without needing special treatment.
More rarely, the disease can be serious and even fatal. Older people, and people with other medical conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, or heart disease), may be more vulnerable to becoming severely ill.
- Dry Cough
- High fever
- Sore Throat
- Difficullt in Breathing
There’s currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
You can protect yourself and help prevent spreading the virus to others if you:
- Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub
- Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze
- Avoid close contact (1 meter or 3 feet) with people who are unwell
- Stay home and self-isolate from others in the household if you feel unwell
- Do not have contact with anyone who has symptoms.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with your hand.
- Do not visit your GP’s surgery, a pharmacy or hospital if you still have coronavirus symptoms after seven days.
- Do not share towels or a bed with those deemed vulnerable if you have the symptoms and live in the same home.
- Do not visit your mother on Mother’s Day if she is older or vulnerable. Call her instead.
Disclaimer: The information in this quiz may not be regularly updated. Please review information on the CDC website and in Medscape's novel coronavirus resource center. Click Here
1. In July 2020, which of the following has barred the registration of BS-IV vehicles till further orders?
2. The Centre for Augmenting WAR with COVID-19 Health Crisis (CAWACH) has selected a startup, based on which city, to develop a COVID risk assessment mobile application?
3. In July 2020, the Asian Development Bank has approved how many dollars (in millions) grant to India from its Asia Pacific Disaster Response Fund (APDRF)?
4. Madhya Pradesh Government has decided to conduct a Sero Surveillance study in which of the following cities to control the rising cases of Corona infection and to understand the infection rate?
5. The International Monetary Fund has approved $4.3 billion in emergency funding for which country?
6. P Achyuta Rao succumbed to COVID in July 2020. In which year did he find the Balala Hakula Sangham?
7. The annual five-day Haj pilgrimage commenced in July 2020 in Saudi Arabia on a drastically reduced scale due to coronavirus pandemic globally. How many per cent of the pilgrims will be Saudi citizens?
8. The Hyderabad Police in collaboration with which of the following NGOs has launched the Free Last Ride Services to transport the bodies of the COVID-19 patients from hospitals to the crematories?
9. Tamil Nadu CM K Palaniswami has launched a free mask distribution scheme as part of measures to help fight COVID-19. The initial phase envisages distribution of how many masks (in crores)?
10. By end July, India's coronavirus epidemic is now growing at the fastest in the world, increasing how much per cent over the last week to more than 1.4 million confirmed cases?
Are these questions helpful for you?