Diversity of Living Organisms
: The Living World
The Living World Multiple Choice Questions and Answers from Diversity of Living Organisms Section in Biology Quiz.
1. One of the most important functions of botanical gardens is that
Answer: C. They allow ex-situ conservation of germplasm
2. Which of the following is a merit in the Bentham and Hooker's system of classification?
Answer: B. The placement of order - Ranals in the beginning
3. Classification of organisms based on evolutionary as well as genetic relationships is called
4. Phenetic classification of organisms is based on
Answer: D. Observable characteristics of existing organisms
5. In angiosperm, characters of flowers are used in classification because
Answer: C. Characters of flowers are conservative
6. Biosystematics aims at
Answer: D. The classification of organisms based on their evolutionary history and establishing their phylogeny on the totality of various parameters from all fields of studies
7. Practical purpose of taxonomy or classification
Answer: C. Facilitate the identification of unknown species
8. Two plants can be conclusively said to belong to the same species if they
Answer: B. Can reproduce freely with each other and form seeds
9. In which kingdom would you classify the archaea and nitrogen-fixing organism, if the five-kingdom system of classification is used
10. The Phylogenetic system of classification was put forth by
Answer: D. Adolf Engler and Karl Prantl
Are these questions helpful for you?