Microorganisms Quiz Contains Multiple Choice Questions related to Viruses, Archaea Kingdom, Monera Kingdom, Protista Kingdom, Bacteria Kingdom, Fungi Kingdom, Algae.
1. Study the following columns and select the most appropriate matching from the options below.
A. Devoid of flagella
I. Single spherical bacterium
B. Rod shaped
II. Pneumonia causing bacteria
C. Bacteria in pairs
III. Anthrax causing bacteria
D. Comma shaped
IV. Cholera causing bacteria
V. Pleomorphic bacteria
[A] A - I, B - II, C - III, D - IV
[B] A - V, B - IV, C - II, D - I
[C] A - I, B - III, C - II, D - IV
[D] A - V, B - I, C - II, D - IV
2. Study the following columns and select the most appropriate matching from the options below.
A. Pasteurella pestis
I. Angular leaf spot of cotton
B. Treponema pallidum
C. Mycobacterium bovis
III. Actinomycosis of cattle
D. Streptomyces nodosus
[A] A - IV, B - I, C - II, D - III
[B] A - II, B - III, C - IV, D - V
[C] A - V, B - IV, C - III, D - II
[D] A - III, B - II, C - I, D - IV
3. Identify the correct pair of events when temperate phages infect bacteria :
(I) No prophages are formed.
(II) Bacterial cell undergoes many divisions
(III) Bacterial cell undergoes immediate lysis
(IV) Prophages are formed
The correct pair is
[A] I, II
[B] II, III
[C] III, IV
[D] II, IV
4. Which of the following protects the bacteria from the enzymes present in the external medium?
[C] Slime layer
[D] Cell wall
5. A bacterium is capable of withstanding extreme heat, dryness and toxic chemicals. This indicates that it is probably above to form
[C] A thick peptidoglycan wall
[D] Endogenous buds
6. Which one of the following is correct about Cosmid?
[A] Extra genetic material in mycoplasma
[B] Circular DNA found in bacteria
[C] Extra DNA in bacteria
[D] Fragment of DNA inserted in bacteria for forming copies
7. Which of the following groups of organisms are ecologically similar?
[A] Consumer protists and fungi
[B] Monerans and producer protists
[C] Producer protists and consumer protists
[D] Monerans and fungi
8. A bacterium which is capable of utilizing the most abundantly available gas in the atmosphere for one of its metabolic pathways, but cannot utilize the second most abundantly available for its another metabolic pathway is
9. Reproduction in most of the bacteria is by a process known as