Daily Current Affairs
: September 10th, 2017
Day Wise Current Affairs Quiz Questions and Answers on September 10th, 2017
1. On September 10, 2017, Defence minister Nirmala Sitharaman flagged off Navika Sagar Parikrama in ______.10 सितंबर 2017 को, रक्षा मंत्री निर्मला सीतारमण ने________में नविका सागर परिक्रमा को हरी झंडी दिखाई|
Answer: B. Goa
Defence minister Nirmala Sitharaman flagged off Navika Sagar Parikrama in Goa, a circumnavigation programme by women naval officersThis is the 1st Indian circumnavigation of the globe by an all-women crewUnder the project, a team of 6 women officers of Indian Navy would circumnavigate the globe on India-built sail boat INSV TariniIt is aimed at promoting women empowerment in the country
2. Cardiological Society of India on September 10, 2017 have created an app called _____ to guide patients to nearest health care centresकार्डियोलॉजिकल सोसाइटी ने 10 सितंबर 2017 को रोगियों को नजदीकी स्वास्थ्य देखभाल केंद्रों की जानकारी देने के लिए _____ नामक एक ऐप तैयार की है|
Answer: E. Heart Attack
In a first, Cardiological Society of India, a non-profit organisation, on Saturday announced the launch of an app that can help people suffering from heart disease with rapid and accurate information about the nearest health care centres.The app, named "Heart Attack", would guide patients with real time information about the nearest hospital capable of immediate care. It will also show details of physician or cardiologists.
3. ______ on September 10, 2017 allowed OTP for opening online insurance account.______ ने 10 सितंबर 2017 को ऑनलाइन बीमा खाता खोलने के लिए OTP के उपयोग की अनुमति दी|
Answer: C. IRDA
Regulator Irdai has permitted usage of OTP or one time password for opening e-insurance account (eIA) as an alternative to electronic signature. As part of its ongoing effort to improve insurance penetration, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (Irdai) has also permitted e-KYC facility offered by UIDAI which provides the unique Aadhaar numbers. Irdai said as part of its developmental mandate and to reach out to the policyholders in a cost efficient manner it has taken number of steps, including insurance e-commerce, issuance of electronic insurance policies, and maintenance of electronic records. Insurers and other stakeholders had approached the regulator seeking clarity on some of the issues related to guidelines.
4. As per a report published by ______, India will produce surplus power in FY 18.______ द्वारा प्रकाशित एक रिपोर्ट के अनुसार, भारत वित्त वर्ष 18 में अतिरिक्त ऊर्जा का उत्पादन करेगा।
Answer: E. Fitch Ratings
According to Fitch, India may produce surplus power in the current financial year.A combination of subdued demand growth, consistent capacity additions and relatively better networks is driving a widening surplus at energy exchanges.India added 25GW of capacity in FY17, of which 58 per cent was renewable a record-breaking contribution.
5. Scientists have created methane using ______.वैज्ञानिकों ने ______ का उपयोग कर मीथेन का निर्माण किया है|
Answer: D. Oxygen
Scientists have created methanol from methane using oxygen from the air, in an outstanding breakthrough. It uses air, inexpensive chemicals & an energy efficient production processIt has major implications for cleaner, greener industrial processes worldwide. Methanol is currently produced by breaking down natural gas at high temp. into hydrogen gas & carbon monoxide before reassembling them
6. The ______ ministry has directed all central armed police forces and Union Territories to procure goods and services from government's e-market place (GeM) in order to meet their requirements at competitive prices.______ मंत्रालय ने सभी केंद्रीय सशस्त्र पुलिस बलों और केंद्र शासित प्रदेशों को प्रतिस्पर्धी कीमतों पर अपनी आवश्यकताओं को पूरा करने के लिए सरकारी ई-मार्केट प्लेसमेंट (GeM) से माल और सेवाओं की खरीद के निर्देशए हैं|
Answer: D. Home
All central armed police forces and Union Territories have been asked to procure goods and services from government's e-market place (GeM) in order to meet their requirements at competitive prices. The Ministry of Home Affairs has directed these forces and Union Territories (UTs) to source goods and services from this platform. So far, these forces and UTs are sourcing goods and services of their own through tendering process. The main requirements of central armed police forces (CAPFs) include stationary, dress, shoes, mattress, bed, bus and trucks.
7. Which country on September 9, 2017 suspended talks with Qatar?9 सितंबर 2017 को किस देश ने कतर के साथ वार्ता रद्द कर दी?
Answer: B. Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia suspended any dialogue with Qatar, accusing it of “distorting facts”, just after a report of a phone call between the leaders of both countries suggested a breakthrough in the Gulf dispute. Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Egypt and Bahrain cut diplomatic and trade links with Qatar on 5 June, suspending air and shipping routes with the world’s biggest exporter of liquefied natural gas, which is home to the region’s biggest US military base. The nations say Doha supports regional foe Iran and Islamists, charges Qatar’s leaders deny. Kuwait has been trying to mediate the dispute.
8. SEBI on September 10, 2017 formed a committee under ____ to discuss trading hours extension.SEBI ने 10 सितंबर 2017 को ट्रेडिंग घंटे के विस्तार पर चर्चा करने के लिए ____ के तहत एक समिति का गठन किया।
Answer: C. Jayanth Varma
An advisory committee of market regulator Sebi is likely to discuss a proposal for extending stock market trading hours, even as several brokers feel any such move would increase cost and logistics burden for them.The stock market in India currently opens at 9 am and closes at 3.30 pm, but there is a view -- including among stock exchanges -- that the trade hours could be extended till up to 7.30 pm to better align domestic trading with global markets. The 19-member committee is led by Jayanth R Varma, Professor, IIM Ahmedabad. The members of the committee include representatives of stock exchanges, depositories, brokerage firms, as also independent experts and officials from Sebi and the government.
9. Pakistan on September 8, 2017 opened its fifth nuclear plant in _____ district.पाकिस्तान ने _________जिले में, 8 सितम्बर 2017 को अपना 5वां परमाणु संयंत्र खोला|
Answer: E. Mianwali
Power-starved Pakistan received a major boost as a China-backed 340 MW nuclear power plant in its Punjab province was inaugurated by Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi. The fifth nuclear plant C-4 plant is located at Chashma in Mianwali district of the Punjab province. The project has been completed with the support and cooperation of China. Chashma already has three nuclear power plants known as C-1, C-2 and C-3, which are contributing to the national grid along with a similar plant in Karachi. Pakistan is also building two more nuclear power plants in Karachi known as K-2 and K-3 aimed to give a major boost to civil nuclear energy after completion.
10. Vice President on September 9, 2017 laid the foundation stone or smart city project in ______, Jharkhand.9 सितंबर 2017 को उपराष्ट्रपति ने ______, झारखंड में स्मार्ट शहर परियोजना की नींव रखी।
Answer: C. Ranchi
Venkaiah Naidu laid the foundation stone of Greenfield Smart City at Ranchi in Jharkhand.The Greenfield Smart City will cost Rs.10,000 crore and will also have 16,000 residential flats for 70,000 residents.The smart city will have modern transport system, world class education hub, 24 hours water and electricity, wi-fi, public toilets at every 200 meters and will be carbon free zone.