Daily Current Affairs
: September 09th, 2017
Day Wise Current Affairs Quiz Questions and Answers on September 09th, 2017
1. Who on September 8, 2017 became the sixth and the first English bowler in history to claim 500 wickets in Test cricket match?8 सितंबर, 2017 को कौन टेस्ट क्रिकेट मैच के इतिहास में 500 विकेट लेकर छठे और प्रथम इंग्लिश गेंदबाज बने?
Answer: A. James Anderson
England fast bowler James Anderson bowled Kraigg Brathwaite to reach 500 Test match wickets, only the sixth bowler in history to reach that mark. Anderson took 129 matches to break 500 and those wickets came at just over 27 runs apiece and became the first Englishman to break 500. He now has Courtney Walsh (519) in his sights, while an improbable run to 563 would see him match Glenn McGrath, the most prolific fast bowler of all-time. Test cricket's leading wicket-taker remains Muttiah Muralitharan, who took 800 before his retirement in 2010.
2. Who on September 8, 2017 won the 10th leg of the Malaysian Tour at the National Squash Centre in Kuala Lumpur?8 सितंबर, 2017 को क्वालालंपुर के राष्ट्रीय स्क्वाश सेंटर में मलेशियाई टूर का 10वां हिस्सा कौन जीता था?
Answer: C. Harinder Pal Sandhu
Former Indian men’s national squash champion Harinder Pal Sandhu won his fifth professional title in a row when he emerged victorious at the 10th leg of the Malaysian Tour.The World No. 66, who was the top seed at this tournament, edged the 2nd seeded Mohd Syafiq Kamal of Malaysia, 11-8, 10-12, 11-3, 9-11, 11-6 in final to win the title.This is Sandhu’s 10th international triumph overall.
3. The Union Minister of Petroleum and Gas, Shri Dharmendra Pradhan inaugurated the SANKALP SE SIDDHI exhibition in _____.केन्द्रीय पेट्रोलियम और गैस मंत्री श्री धर्मेंद्र प्रधान ने _____ में "संकल्प से सिद्धि" प्रदर्शनी का उद्घाटन किया।
Answer: D. Odisha
The Union Minister of Petroleum & Gas Shri Dharmendra Pradhan has inaugurated the SANKALP SE SIDDHI exhibition and conducted pledge meeting in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. On this occasion, he recalled various incidences of freedom struggle of India and Quit India Movement call given by Gandhiji.
4. Name the naval ships which were departed to East and South-East Asia on September 8, 2017.उन नौसैनिक जहाजों को नाम दें जो 8 सितंबर, 2017 को पूर्वी और दक्षिण-पूर्व एशिया के लिए रवाना हुए थे।
Answer: E. Satpura, Kadmatt
In pursuant of India's 'Act East Policy', two Indian Naval Ships (INS) proceeded on deployment to East and South-East Asia. INS Satpura commanded by Captain Rahul Shankar, and INS Kadmatt commanded by Commander Nithin Cariappa, departed from Visakhapatnam for a deployment of more than three months, to visit 12 ports in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Philippines, South Korea, Japan, Brunei and Russia. During this deployment, the ships will participate in the International Fleet Review hosted by the Association of South East Asian Countries (ASEAN) at Thailand, and will visit Singapore, Vietnam, Philippines, Cambodia and Brunei to commemorate the 25thanniversary of India-ASEAN dialogue.
5. Which company on September 6, 2017 unveiled its enhanced paternity leave?6 सितंबर, 2017 को किस कंपनी ने अपनी बढ़ी हुई पितृत्व छुट्टी का अनावरण किया?
Answer: B. Johnson and Johnson
Johnson & Johnson India has rolled out a new global parental leave for its Indian workforce. As part of this new initiative, new and adoptive fathers will now be entitled to eight weeks of paid leave during the first year to bond with the newborn or newly adopted child, according to a release. The company has been offering up to 26 weeks of maternity leave for the last six years, it stated in a release.
6. The book, ‘Hit Refresh’ has been written by _____.'हिट रिफ्रेश' नामक पुस्तक _____ ने लिखी है।
Answer: E. Satya Nadella
Satya Nadella, one of the most celebrated Indians in the global technology sector, has penned the inside story of his journey of becoming the CEO of software giant Microsoft, offering rare insights into his personal and professional life. The book, titled ‘Hit Refresh’ and co-authored by Greg Shaw and Jill Tracie Nichols, will go on sale globally on 26 September. It also includes a foreword by Microsoft co- founder Bill Gates. The title draws inspiration from the digital world where the screen is refreshed by hitting the function ‘F5’ key. “We believed hit refresh was the perfect metaphor for all three storylines of the book—my personal journey so far, the company’s ongoing transformation, and the coming wave of technological and economic change,” said Nadella.
7. Safe Water Network has inaugurated a water ATM in ______.सुरक्षित जल नेटवर्क ने ______ में पानी के ATM का उद्घाटन किया है।
Answer: B. Hyderabad
Safe Water Network, an international NGO has partnered with Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation to launch water ATMs, providing affordable, 24x7 safe water access in Hyderabad.A total of 200 ATMs will be set up to reach a targetted 150,000 people.Consumers can collect water that is affordably priced at Rs. 1 per glass, Rs. 2 per litre, Rs. 5 per 10 litres, and rs. 10 per 20 litre.
8. The 2017 “North East Calling” festival will be held in _______.2017 "पूर्वोत्तर कॉलिंग" महोत्सव _______ में आयोजित किया जाएगा।
Answer: C. New Delhi
Eyeing at channelizing interest of the investors towards the North-Eastern states of the country, the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) will be conducting a two day “North East Calling” festival in the national capital. The event is scheduled for 9th and 10th of September and will take place in the laws on India Gate. The primary purpose of the event is to promote art, culture, heritage, cuisine, handicrafts, business and tourism of North East India.
9. Which company on September 8, 2017 received the Maharatna status?8 सितंबर, 2017 को किस कंपनी ने महारत्न का दर्जा प्राप्त किया?
Answer: D. Bharat Petroleum
State-run Bharat Petroleum Corporation (BPCL) is all set to become a Maharatna company. The oil marketing company is at present a Navratna firm. The decision to elevate BPCL to Maharatna status was taken by a panel headed by the Cabinet secretary and an announcement to this effect is likely soon, according to official sources. Maharatna and Navaratna state-owned units operate in strategic fields such as coal, petroleum, steel, heavy engineering, power supply, telecommunications and transportation services.
10. As per a report published by ASSOCHAM on September 8, 2017, ______ tops in manufacturing excellence.8 सितंबर, 2017 को ASSOCHAM द्वारा प्रकाशित एक रिपोर्ट के अनुसार, विनिर्माण उत्कृष्टता में ______ सबसे ऊपर है।
Answer: E. Karnataka
Karnataka stands at the top among the states in the country in terms of manufacturing excellence, according to a study by industry chambers ASSOCHAM. The study was conducted by ASSOCHAM's Economic Research Bureau.Karnataka ranks third in attracting investments in the manufacturing sector, leaving states like Gujarat behind, according to the study.Of the total investments attracted by states across the country which are worth Rs.169 lakh-crore as of 2016 fiscal year, Karnataka accounted for 6.3 percent share with Rs 10.7 lakh-crore worth investments. Karnataka, according to the study, also ranks third among the states in terms of the low ratio of interest cost.