Daily Current Affairs
: October 02nd, 2017
Day Wise Current Affairs Quiz Questions and Answers on October 02nd, 2017
1. On October 1, 2017 Govt approved sale of a _______ stake in military planemaker Hindustan Aeronautics through an IPO.1 अक्टूबर, 2017 को सरकार ने IPO के माध्यम से विमान निर्माता हिंदुस्तान एयरोनॉटिक्स में _______ हिस्सेदारी की बिक्री को मंजूरी दी।
Answer: E. 10%
Govt has approved sale of a 10% stake in military planemaker Hindustan Aeronautics through an IPO. So far, HAL has been the sole player in the country building fighter aircraft such as Sukhoi-30-MkI & Hawk advanced jet trainers under licenced production. This comes at a time when it is witnessing competition from private players bidding to bag fighter plane contracts for Indian armed forces.
2. Who won the 2017 Isle Of the Man Chess Championship?2017 आइल ऑफ द मेन शतरंज चैम्पियनशिप किसने जीती?
Answer: D. Magnus Carlsen
5 time world champion Viswanathan Anand defeated Chinese grandmaster Hou Yifan in the 9th and final round to sign off joint 2nd at the Isle Of Man Chess Championship. He shared the second spot with America’s Hikaru Nakamura. Anand took 53 moves to overpower Yifan to finish with 7 points. World Champion Magnus Carlsen won the title with 7.5 points after a short draw against Nakamura.
3. Indian Oil Corp has received the govt's nod to buy one very large ship full of crude oil from ________ every month this year.इंडियन ऑयल कॉरपोरेशन ने इस साल ________ से कच्चे तेल से भरा एक जहाज खरीदने के लिए सरकार की मंजूरी प्राप्त कर ली है।
Answer: C. U.S.
Indian Oil Corp has received the govt nod to buy one very large ship full of crude oil from the US every month this year. IOC had last month sealed a deal to import 1.6 million barrels of crude from US, the first ever such purchase of US crude by an Indian state-run refiner. Buying US crude has become attractive for Indian refiners after the differential between Brent and Dubai has narrowed.
4. Which bank on October 2, 2017 decided to waived off account closing charges for all savings bank customers under the condition that their account has existed for over a year?2 अक्टूबर 2017 को कौन से बैंक ने एक वर्ष से अधिक समय तक अस्तित्व वाले सभी बचत बैंक खातो पर खाता समापन शुल्क की छूट देने का फैसला किया है?
Answer: E. State Bank of India
SBI has waived off account closing charges for all savings bank customers under the condition that their account has existed for over a year. Earlier, the bank used to deduct a sum of Rs 500, along with the applicable GST, in the form of account closing charges. Closure of regular savings bank account by a basic savings bank deposit account holder will also not attract any closure charges.
5. Jeffrey C. Hall, Michael Rosbash and Michael W. Young have won the 2017 Nobel Prize in the field of _____________जेफरी C. हॉल, माइकल रोजबाश और माइकल W. यंग ने _____________ के क्षेत्र में 2017 नोबेल पुरस्कार जीता है।
Answer: A. Physiology or Medicine
The 2017 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine has been awarded to Jeffrey C. Hall, Michael Rosbash and Michael W. Young. The trio have been given the prize “for their discoveries of molecular mechanisms controlling the circadian rhythm”. Their discoveries explain how plants, animals and humans adapt their biological rhythm so that it is synchronized with the Earth's revolutions.
6. Who among the following will launch countrywide Free Eye Check-up Campaign and distribution of spectacles for truck drivers, cleaners & helpers?निम्नलिखित में से कौन देश भर में नि: शुल्क नेत्र जांच अभियान और ट्रक चालकों, क्लीनर और सहायक के लिए चश्मों का वितरण करेगा?
Answer: C. Nitin Gadkari
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari will launch countrywide Free Eye Check-up Campaign & distribution of spectacles for truck drivers, cleaners & helpers in Maharashtra. The objective of this initiative is to ensure clearer vision and safe travel for truck drivers who are the most frequent users of national highways. This initiative is expected to reduce the number of accidents involving trucks.
7. How many female assistant referees have been chosen by FIFA to officiate the matches in FIFA U-17 World Cup?फीफा U-17 विश्व कप के मैचों के नेतृत्व के लिए फीफा द्वारा कितनी महिला सहायक रेफरी चुनी गई हैं?
Answer: D. 7
The U-17 World Cup will set a record of sorts as it will see for the first time a female assistant referee in a FIFA men's competition this time. 7 female assistant referees from across the world, one from each continent, have been chosen by FIFA along with 70 male referees to officiate the matches in FIFA U-17 World Cup. U-17 World Cup will be played in six Indian cities from October 6-28.
8. The first US crude oil cargo of 1.6 million barrels bought by Indian Oil Corporation from the US will arrive at which Indian Port?अमेरिका से इंडियन ऑयल कॉरपोरेशन द्वारा खरीदा गया 1.6 मिलियन बैरल का पहला अमेरिकी क्रूड ऑयल कार्गो किस भारतीय पोर्ट पर पहुंचेगा?
Answer: B. Paradip Port
The first US crude oil cargo of 1.6 million barrels bought by Indian Oil Corporation from the US reached Paradip Port. India, world's 3rd-largest oil importer, joins Asian countries like South Korea, Japan and China to buy US crude after production cuts by OPEC drove up prices of Middle East heavy-sour crude. Indian Oil is the first Indian public sector refiner to source US crude.
9. President Ramnath Kovind on October 2, 2017 declared the urban areas of which state as Open Defecation Free?2 अक्टूबर, 2017 को राष्ट्रपति रामनाथ कोविंद ने किस राज्य के शहरी इलाकों को खुले में शौच से मुक्त घोषित किया?
Answer: C. Maharashtra
President Kovind on his maiden visit to Maharashtra declared urban areas of the state as Open Defecation Free. Almost half of Maharashtra has become open Defecation free, since 49% population in lives in urban areas. Maharashtra govt has ensured toilets to all in the 384 urban areas in the state. State authorities said that rural Maharashtra would be open defecation free by March 2018.
10. Reliance Communications has called off the merger of its wireless services business with __________ citing regulatory delays & opposition from some creditors.रिलायंस कम्युनिकेशंस ने __________ के साथ अपने वायरलेस सेवा कारोबार के विलय को कुछ लेनदारों से विनियामक विलंब और विरोध का हवाला देते हुए रद्द कर दिया है।
Answer: D. Aircel
Reliance Communications has called off the merger of its wireless services business with Aircel, citing regulatory delays & opposition from some creditors. RCom has been trying to reduce its debt by Rs. 250bn by merging its wireless business with Aircel & by selling a stake in its mobile masts arm to Brookfield Asset Management. Merger had already been approved by SEBI, CCI & stock exchanges.