Daily Current Affairs
: October 01st, 2017
Day Wise Current Affairs Quiz Questions and Answers on October 01st, 2017
1. Integrated Defence Staff Headquarters was formed after ______.एकीकृत रक्षा स्टाफ मुख्यालय का गठन ______ के बाद हुआ था।
Answer: B. Indo-Pakistan war of 1999
Integrated Defence Staff Headquarters celebrated its 17th Raising Day.IDS Headquarters was created in October 2001 in the aftermath of ‘Operation Vijay’ in Kargil war.The main objective was to promote synergy among the three Services and to integrate them with the Ministry of Defence.
2. As of October 1, 2017, India is ranked ____ in US Securities.1 अक्टूबर 2017 तक, भारत को US सिक्योरिटीज में ____ स्थान दिया गया है।
Answer: A. 12th
India has sharply increased its exposure to US government securities with holdings worth $135.7 billion at the end of July.Neighbouring China continued to top the charts with holding to the tune of $1.166 trillion, followed by Japan with exposure worth $1.113 trillion.India is the 12th largest holder of US government securities just behind Saudi Arabia.
3. D K Joshi has been appointed as the Lieutenant Governor of which Union territory?डी. के. जोशी को किस संघीय राज्य के लेफ्टिनेंट गवर्नर के रूप में नियुक्त किया गया है?
Answer: B. Andaman and Nicobar
Admiral D K Joshi (retired), who quit the Indian Navy in a huff in 2014, has been appointed the Lieutenant Governor of Andaman and Nicobar islands.The appointment of Admiral Joshi as the Lieutenant Governor of Andaman and Nicobar isn't only about setting past mistakes right. It is also a clear signal that the Modi-led NDA government wants to make the archipelago - India's easternmost military post - play a more decisive military role for its "Look East Policy".
4. The 3rd edition of Women of India Organic Festival will be held in ________.भारतीय महिलाओं के जैव महोत्सव के तीसरे संस्करण का आयोजन ________ में होगा।
Answer: C. New Delhi
The 3rd edition of Women of India Organic Festival begins at Dilli Haat in New Delhi.The 15-day festival aims at promoting women entrepreneurs & farmers in the organic sector.The theme of the festival is - Good for Women, Good for India, Good for You.It aims to boost the development of sustainable and easily accessible sales outlets for women producers from the remotest corners of India.
5. World Vegetarian Day is observed on ________.विश्व शाकाहारी दिवस ________ को मनाया जाता है।
Answer: D. October 1
World Vegetarian Day is observed annually around the planet on October 1.The day brings global attention to the health and environmental benefits of vegetarianism and focuses on the ethics of following a vegetarian lifestyle.World Vegetarian Day initiates the month of October as Vegetarian Awareness Month, which ends with November 1, World Vegan Day, as the end of that month of celebration
6. The Indian Airforce on October 1, 2017, readied the Ambala, Hasimara IAF bases for _____ jets.1 अक्टूबर 2017 को भारतीय वायुसेना ने अंबाला, हाशिमारा IAF के बेस को _____ जेट्स के लिए तैयार किया।
Answer: A. Rafale
The Indian Air Force has initiated major infrastructure upgrade at its frontline base here for deployment of the first squadron of the Rafale jets which will give India greater "potency" over Pakistan as these will be capable of carrying nuclear weapons and other missiles.The government has already sanctioned Rs 220 crore to set up 14 shelters, hangers and maintenance facilities at the 78- year-old base for the Rafale jets whose delivery is scheduled to begin from September, 2019. The jets will be housed in Ambala, Punjab and Hasimara, West Bengal.
7. The Indian government on October 1, 2017, designated Zorinpui land check post in _____ district of Mizoram as an official entry and exit points for authorised immigrants.1 अक्टूबर 2017 को भारत सरकार ने मिजोरम के _____ जिले में ज़ोरिनपुई भूमि चेक पोस्ट को अधिकृत आधिकारिक प्रवेश और अधिकृत आप्रवासियों के लिए निकास पॉइंट के रूप में नामित किया था।
Answer: A. Lawngtlai
India has opened two immigration check posts along the borders with Myanmar and Bangladesh. In a gazette notification, the home ministry said the central government has designated Zorinpui land check post in Lawngtlai district of Mizoram as an authorised immigration check post for entry into or exit from India with valid travel documents for all classes of passengers to or from Myanmar. In a separate notification, the ministry said the central government designated Kawrpuichhuah land check post in Lunglei district of Mizoram as an authorised immigration check post for entry into or exit from India with valid travel documents for all classes of passengers to or from Bangladesh.
8. Catalonia province is holding a referendum for independence. It is located in which country?कैटलोनिया प्रांत में स्वतंत्रता के लिए एक जनमत संग्रह आयोजित किया जा रहा है। यह किस देश में स्थित है?
Answer: D. Spain
Catalonia province is located in Spain. Catalonia is holding a referendum on independence from Spain despite the govt calling it a mockery of democracy. The govt has called the referendum as unconstitutional & country's Constitutional Court has suspended the vote so that it could consider the matter. A minority of around 40% of Catalans support independence, polls show, although a majority want to hold a referendum on the issue.
9. The International Weightlifting Federation (IWF) is headquartered in which country?अंतरराष्ट्रीय वेटलिफ्टिंग फेडरेशन (IWF) का मुख्यालय किस देश में है?
Answer: E. Hungary
Russia & China were among 9 countries suspended from weightlifting for a year in an attempt to combat an epidemic of doping. Decision by International Weightlifting Federation followed re-testing of anti-doping samples from 2008 & 2012 Olympics. Countries with at least 3 doping offences from those Olympics were suspended. Russia was also banned from weightlifting event at 2016 Olympics in Rio.
10. The government on September 29, 2017, exempted _____ from giving bank guarantee.29 सितंबर, 2017 को सरकार ने बैंक गारंटी देने से _____ को छूट दी थी।
Answer: B. Small traders
Government has decided to exempt small exporters from furnishing bank guarantee for shipping goods and services.Under the Goods and Services Tax, an exporter can get exemption from payment of IGST if he submits bonds or Letter of Undertaking.The decision comes a day after exporters met Finance Minister Arun Jaitley for resolution of GST-related problems to boost overseas shipments.