ICC Womens World Cup 2017 Quiz Questions and Answers to grow up your Cricket General Knowldge. The 2017 Women's Cricket World Cup is an international women's crickettournament currently taking place in England from 24 June to 23 July 2017.
About ICC Women's World Cup
• The ICC Women's Cricket World Cup is the oldest and most prestigious international women's cricket tournament.
• It is currently organised by the International Cricket Council (ICC).
• Until 2005, it was administered by a separate body, the International Women's Cricket Council (IWCC).
• The first World Cup was held in England in 1973, two years before the inaugural men's tournament.
• The eleven World Cups played to date have been held in five different countries, with India and England having hosted the event three times.
• Australia is the most successful team, having won six titles. England (four titles) and New Zealand (one title) are the only other teams to have won the event. On the other hand, India (twice) and the West Indies (once) have each reached the final without going on to win.
Final Result of ICC Womens World Cup 2017
England on 23 July 2017 defeated India by 9 runs to clinch the 2017 ICC Women's World Cup. The final match was played at Lord's Cricket Ground in London. The win is England’s 4th title.
The 2017 Women's Cricket World Cup was the eleventh edition of the Women's Cricket World Cup, and the third to be held in England after the 1973 and 1993 tournaments.
England’s Tammy Beaumont was awarded the Player of the Series title. She also made most runs (410) in the tournament.
South Africa’s Dane van Niekerk took most wickets (15) in the tournament.
Multiple Choice Questions and Answers
1. Harmanpreet Kaur scored 171 runs against which country on July 20, 2017 in 2017 ICC Women’s World Cup semi final match?
[B] Sri Lanka
[C] West Indies
[E] South Africa
2. Who became the first woman to play in Australian men's first-grade cricket, and represents Walmley in the Birmingham Premier League?
[A] Amy Satterthwaite
[B] Sarah Taylor
[C] Suzie Bates
[D] Haidee Tiffen
3. Who won the 2017 ICC Women's World Cup?
[C] South Africa
[D] West Indies
4. Who won the finals of the ICC Women’s World Cup Qualifier 2017?