(Showing: 51 - 60 out of 94 MCQs) Operating System is the main function-able part of our computer system. The operating system multiple choice questions and answers are discussed as below along with their explanations as necessary.
51. Which of the following topologies consists of multiple CPUs connected by a single communication line running the length of the network
52. Which of the following is the process by which a user's privileges ascertained ?
[A] Access Control
53. All of the following are examples of real security and privacy risks except
54. Security violation due to
[C] Both A and B
55. A public key encryption system
[A] Allows only the correct receiver to decode the data.
[B] Allows only one to decode the transmission.
[C] Allows only the correct sender to decode the data
[D] Does not encode the data before transmitting it.
56. Which model estimates the total effort in terms of person,months of the technical project staff?
[A] COCOMO model
57. Bootstrap or vector is called
[A] Main program
[B] Grappling hook program
[C] Secondary program
[D] Primary storage
58. The DIR command in DOS operating system
[A] Extracts a list of file names
[B] Copies files
[C] Erases File
59. The part of machine level instruction, which tells the central processor what has to be done, is
[A] Operation code
[E] None of the above
60. Which of the following refers to the associative memory?
[A] the address of the data is generated by the CPU
[B] the address of the data is supplied by the users
[C] there is no need for an address i.e. the data is used as an address