: Computer Networks (Page 2)
(Showing: 11 - 20 out of 37 MCQs) Collection of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) of Computer Networking is given below
11. How long is an IPv6 address?
Answer: B. 128 bits
An IPv6 address is 128 bits long.
12. You have 10 users plugged into a hub running 10Mbps half-duplex. There is a server connected to the switch running 10Mbps half-duplex as well. How much bandwidth does each host have to the server?
Answer: B. 10 Mbps
Each device has 10 Mbps to the server.
13. How often are BPDUs sent from a layer 2 device?
Answer: A. Every 2 seconds
Every 2 seconds, BPDUs are sent out from all active bridge ports by default.
14. Which router command allows you to view the entire contents of all access lists?
Answer: B. show access-lists
To see the contents of all access lists, use the show access-lists command.
15. What protocols are used to configure trunking on a switch?
Answer: B. VLAN
VTP is not right because it has nothing to do with trunking except that it sends VLAN information across a trunk link. 802.1Q and ISL are used to configure trunking on a port.
16. How many collision domains are created when you segment a network with a 12-port switch?
Answer: B. 12
Layer 2 switching creates individual collision domains.
17. Which protocol does Ping use?
Answer: C. ICMP
ICMP is the protocol at the Network layer that is used to send echo requests and replies.
18. What PPP protocol provides dynamic addressing, authentication, and multilink?
Answer: D. LCP
Link Control Protocol in the PPP stack provides dynamic addressing, authentication, and multilink.
19. What is a stub network?
Answer: A. A network that has only one entry and exit point.
Stub networks have only one connection to an internetwork. Only default routes can be set on a stub network or network loops may occur.
20. Which of the following services use TCP?
Answer: B. SMTP
SMTP, HTTP and FTP use TCP.
Are these questions helpful for you?