The CBSE NEET Phase II examination will be held on July 24, and around 4.7 lakh candidates shall be appearing at different centres across the country.
The test is conducted for the selection of candidates for various medical and dental courses like Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS).
On Tuesday, July 19, the Lok Sabha passed the Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Bill 2016 and the Dentists (Amendment) Bill 2016 to replace the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) ordinance.
Here are some of the changes that have taken place in recent times:
1. The state boards have been exempted from NEET this year.
2. All private medical colleges will come under the new system.
3. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will conduct the undergraduate medical courses and the postgraduate courses will be held by the National Board of Examination.
4. In view of the ongoing disturbance in the state of Jammu and Kashmir, the state government has established special facilitation centres for candidates of the state for conducting the examinations properly.
5. Sixteen states have chosen for State Boards examinations and fifteen states have opted for NEET this year.
6. In government colleges across India, there are approximately 40,000 MBBS and BDS seats under 15 per cent quota.
Important information regarding the examination:
1. The examination will be conducted Hindi, English and a few other languages.
2. The entrance test consists of one single question paper containing 180 objective type questions.
3. A single correct answer needs to be marked out of the four options given.
4. Questions will be based on subjects like physics, chemistry and biology (botany and zoology).
5. The CBSE shall provide specially designed machine-gradable sheets to all the candidates.
6. Only a ball point pen to be used.
7. The duration of the exam is three hours.
Candidates who have still not downloaded their admit cards, can do the same from the official website, cbse.nic.in or aipmt.nic.in
The final results for NEET will be released on August 17, 2016.
The counseling session for NEET candidates would commence from August 18, 2016 and last till September 30, 2016.