Economics

Which state produces maximum soyabean ?


ANSWER

Madhya Pradesh


SOLUTION

The leading producer of soybean in India is Madhya Pradesh, followed by Maharashtra and Rajasthan. However, from that decade onward, Madhya Pradesh outperformed all states and emerged as India's Soy State. Today, Madhya Pradesh has 45% share in Soyabean Production in the country Production of soybean in India is dominated by Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh which contribute 89 per cent of the total production. Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Chhattisgarh and Gujarat contribute the remaining 11 per cent production. Mahrashtra has the potential of becoming the leader in Soybean.
Hence, option ‘a’ is correct answer.

View Full Answer

Its FREE, you're just one step away

Create your Digital Resume For FREE on your name's sub domain "yourname.wcard.io". Register Here!


Single Correct Medium Published on 16th 09, 2020
Next Question
Questions 120418
Subjects 10
Chapters 88
Enrolled Students 75
Enroll Now For FREE

Realted Questions

Q1 Single Correct Medium
According to the yardstick of poverty line, an individual in cities requires ______ calories and in rural areas requires ______ calories of food.
  • A. 2400; 2100
  • B. 2000; 2400
  • C. 2400; 2000
  • D. 2100; 2400

Asked in: Economics - Food Security in India


1 Verified Answer | Published on 16th 09, 2020

View Answer
Q2 Single Correct Medium
Select the correct statements from a recent report of the International Rice Research Institute(IRRI), Manila, using the code given.
$$1$$. Vietnam is the biggest exporter of rice in the world followed by Thailand.
$$2$$. Rice is the staple food for more than half of the world population.
$$3$$. $$70$$ per cent of the rice is produced in Asia.
$$4$$. IRRI has supported the production of the genetically modified Golden Rice.
  • A. $$1$$ and $$2$$
  • B. $$2$$ and $$3$$
  • C. $$3$$ and $$4$$
  • D. $$4$$ and $$2$$

Asked in: Economics - Food Security in India


1 Verified Answer | Published on 16th 09, 2020

View Answer
Q3 Single Correct Medium
Out of the following, which are the four components of food security?
(i) Food availability
(ii) Food market
(iii) Food accessbility
(iv) Food utilization
(v) Food credit.
  • A. (iii), (iv) and (v)
  • B. (i), (ii) and (iii)
  • C. (i), (ii) and (iv)
  • D. (i), (iii) and (iv)

Asked in: Economics - Food Security in India


1 Verified Answer | Published on 16th 09, 2020

View Answer
Q4 Single Correct Medium
Adulteration is.
  • A. Mixing of good materials
  • B. Fixing cheap materials
  • C. None of these
  • D. Mixing cheap materials

Asked in: Economics - Food Security in India


1 Verified Answer | Published on 16th 09, 2020

View Answer
Q5 Single Correct Medium
Which of the following is covered in the ISOPOM scheme?
  • A. Oilseeds
  • B. Pulses
  • C. Maize
  • D. All of the above

Asked in: Economics - Food Security in India


1 Verified Answer | Published on 16th 09, 2020

View Answer