: Arithmetical Reasoning
Arithmetical Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning questions
1. A student got twice as many sums wrong as he got right. If he attempted 48 sums in all, how many did he solve correctly ?
Answer: D. 16
\[Let\ the\ student\ got\ x\ sums\ right\\ then\ according\ to\ question\ he\ got\ 2x\ sums\ wrong\\ x+2x = 48\\ 3x=48\\ =>x = 16\\ \therefore the\ student\ solve\ 16\ sums\ correctly\]
2. what is the product of all numbers in the dial of a telephone ?
Answer: D. None of above
\[Since\ one\ of\ the\ number\ in\ the\ dial\ of\ telephone\ is\ 0\\ \therefore the\ product\ of\ all\ numbers\ is\ 0\]
3. In a caravan in addition to 50 hens, there are 45 goats and 8 camels with some keepers. If the total number of feet be 224 more than the number of heads in the caravan, the number of keepers is ?
Answer: D. 15
\[Let\ the\ number\ of\ keepers\ be\ X.\\ Then,\ Total\ number\ of\ feet\ = 2 x 50 + 4 x 45 + 4 x 8 + 2x => 2x + 312\\ \\ Total\ number\ of\ heads\ = 50 + 45 + 8 + x = 103 + x\\ \\ 2x + 312 = 103 + x + 224\\ x = 103+224-312\\ x = 15\]
4. A bird shooter was asked, how many birds he had in the bag. He replied that there were all sparrows but six, all the pigons but six and all ducks but six. How many birds he had in the bag in all ?
Answer: A. 9
\[There\ were\ all\ sparrows\ but\ six\ means\ that\ six\ birds\ were\ not\ sparrows\ but\ only\ pigeons\ and\ ducks\\ Similarly,\ number\ of\ sparrows\ +\ number\ of\ pigeons\ =\ 6\\ This\ is\ only\ possible,\ when\ there\ are\ 3\ sparrows,\ 3 pigeons,\ and\ 3\ ducks\\ i.e\ 9\ birds\ in\ all.\]
5. If 100 cats kill 100 mice in 100 day, then 4 cats would kill 4 mice in how many days ?
Answer: D. 100
\[In\ 100\ days\ no\ of\ mice\ killed\ by\ 1\ cat\ will\ be\ 100/100\ =\ 1\\ so\ 1\ cat\ kills\ 1\ mouse\ in\ 100\ days\\ so\ 4\ cats\ will\ kill\ 4\ mice\ in\ 100\ days.\]