: Yearly Current Affairs of 2013
Yearly Current Affairs of 2013 - General Knowledge Multiple Choice Questions PDF
1. International Day for Biological Diversity observed....
Answer: D. 22 May
The day is observed on the 22 May every year, to increase the understanding and awareness of biodiversity issues.
The theme this year is Water and Biodiversity.
Comptroller and Auditor General -> CAG
2. Who is Appointed as the New CAG of India by the President on 21 May 2013 ?
Answer: B. Shashi Kant Sharma
Shashi Kant Sharma will succeed Vinod Rai,His appointment to the post of CAG by the President was made on basis of Article 148 (1) of the Constitution of India.
He is the IAS officer of 1976 Bihar Cadre and at present was holding the post of Defence Secretary in the Ministry of Defence
3. Who has won the United Nation's Public Service Award for his Mass Contact Program ?
Answer: A. Kerala CM Oommen Chandy
4. Who was selected for UNA-USA's Global Leadership Award called Champion for Global Change Award for 2013, in the month of May 2013?
Answer: C. Malala Yousafzai
The Pakistani activist, Malala Yousafzai (15) was shot in 2012 by Taliban for promotion of girl education.
In 2012, the UN Secretary, General Ban Ki-moon had declared 10 November as the Malala Day. She was also given the title of daughter of the United Nations.
5. Which city Ranked First on List of Top 10 Favorite Indian Destinations for Foreigners?
Answer: A. New Delhi
Hotel Price Index (HPI) report of 2012 by Hotels.com revealed that the metro cities of India remain at the top most positions in the list of top 10 favourite Indian destinations for the international travelers.
The national capital of India, New Delhi ranked first followed by Mumbai.
6. which of the team withdraw from the IPL 2013?
Answer: D. Pune Warriors India
PWI had failed to pay the full franchise fee for the current year.
7. which of the actor got a jail in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case?
8. Who is the is the chairman of IPL at present?
9. How many teams participated in the current season of IPL?
Answer: C. 9
6th season of IPL which was started on 3rd April 2013 and has concluded 26th May 2013.A total number of 9 teams participated in the current season.Sun Risers of Hyderabad is the new team in the current season.
10. Winner of IPL 2013 is ...
Answer: A. Mumbai Indians
IPL offers a total prize money of Rs. 25 crore of which, winning team will receive 10 crore and first runner up receives Rs.7.5 crore.