: Books and Authors
Following questions are based on the various important books and authors of them which are important for your General Knowledge and for various competitive exams. Books and Authors General Knowledge Multiple Choice Questions with Answers and PDF Download.
1. Who is the author of the recently published book Final Test: Exit Sachin Tendulkar?
Answer: C. Dilip D’Souza
The book acclaimed widespread popularity as it expressed a very close observation of the two and half days. The book Final Test: Exit Sachin Tendulkar was written by Dilip D’ Souza.
2. “The Organiser” is a weekly magazine published by which among the following organizations?
Answer: B. Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh
Organiser is the official publication of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh. It was launched in 1947.
3. Which among the following books is not authored by J K Rowling?
Answer: C. Spy Man
Spyman is a fictional character which happens to be a superhero of a comic book. It was published in the mid-1960s by Harvey Comics' Harvey Thriller imprint.
4. The Avadhuta Gita, which is based on the principles of Advaita Vedanta, is ascribed to __?
Answer: C. Dattatreya
Apart from Avadhoot Geeta, Dattatreya is also credited as the author of the Tripura Rahasya, a treatise on Advaita Vedanta.
5. Which among the following is the Word of the Year 2014 as per announcement made by Oxford dictionary?
Answer: A. Vape
Oxford dictionary has announced Vape as the Word of the year 2014. Vape is a utilitarian noun which means to inhale and exhale the vapour produced by an electronic cigarette or similar device.
6. What is the title of the biography of Sachin released recently?
Answer: A. Playing it my way
Sachin Tendulkar has recently launched his biography namely "Playing It My Way". Sachin gave first copy of the book to his mother Rajni and he presented a copy to his mentor and childhood coach Ramakant Achrekar.
7. Australian author Richard Flanagan won the 50000 pounds Man Booker Prize for which of his work?
Answer: A. The Narrow Road to the Deep North
Richard Flanagan’s work The Narrow Road to the Deep North is the book which has bagged him the Man Booker Prize for this year.
8. Which among the following is the name of memoir of Malala Yousafzai, published recently in several Indian languages?
Answer: C. I am Malala
Malala Yousafzai’s memoir I Am Malala: The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up for Education and was Shot by the Taliban, co-written by British journalist Christina Lamb, was published in October 2013 by Little, Brown and Company in the U.S. and by Weidenfeld & Nicolson in the U.K. It is to be translated in several Indian languages such as Kannada, Tamil, Malayalam and Marathi. Among the options given in above question, In the Line of Fire is a memoir by Pervez Musharraf.
9. The book “Born Again on the Mountain” is authored by which of the following mountaineer?
Answer: B. Arunima Sinha
Arunima Sinha who became the first female amputee to scale Mount Everest is the author of the book “Born Again on the Mountain”.
10. Who among the following is the author of the book “Born Again on the Mountain”?
Answer: B. Arunima Sinha
Arunima Sinha, who became the first female amputee to scale Mt. Everest, is the author of the book "Born Again On The Mountain".