: Biology (Page 5)
(Showing: 41 - 50 out of 65 MCQs)
General knowledge Biology Questions and Answers. Read these Biology quiz questions based on NCERT Book for SSC CGL 2016 Exam and other similar examinations.
41. The Phylloclade commonly found in xerophytic plants is the modified ?
42. Which one of the following has haustoria or sucking roots ?
43. Potatoes are borne on ?
44. Kidney stones are mainly formed by which of the following compound ?
Answer: D. Calcium Oxalate
45. The most advanced evolutionary inflorescent is found in ?
46. How do marine animals survive in water without air contact ?
Answer: A. They do not require any oxygen
47. Movement of cell against concentration gradient is called
Answer: B. active transport
Active transport, this is the only transport method that can move species against their concentration gradient (from low to high concentration). Facilitated diffusion only moves species down their concentration gradient from high to low concentration.
48. Pollination is best defined as
Answer: A. transfer of pollen from anther to stigma
49. Pine, fir, spruce, cedar, larch and cypress are the famous timber-yielding plants of which several also occur widely in the hilly regions of India. All these belong to
Answer: C. decrease in thickness of ozone layer in stratosphere