Postal Assistant Exam
Ministry of Communications & Information Technology,Department of Posts conducts exam for the direct recruitment of Postal assistants/sorting Assistants/Postal Assistants (Saving Bank Control organization)/ Postal Assistants (Foreign post organization)/Postal Assistants (Returned letter offices)/ Postal Assistants (Mail Motor Services) and postal Assistants (Circle and regional offices)
1. 10+2 standard or 12th class pass from a recognized university or board of scholl education or board of secondary education with English as a compulsory subject.
2. The applicants should have studied in local language of the state or union Territory of the concerned postal code circle or in Hindi as a subject at least in Matriculation level or equivalent.
Minimum Age: 18
How To Apply
1. The applicant has to access the indiapost website (www.pasadrexam.in) for seeing the detailed notification/advertisement issued by the department and the instruction sheet/information brochure.
2. Applicants should fill the details/inputs in the Online application at the appropriate places very carefully and click on the SUBMIT button at the end of the registration of Online application form. Before pressing the SUBMIT button, the applicants are advised to verify carefully every field/inputs mentioned in the application.
3. The applicants will kindly note that the particulars mentioned in the Online applicantion will be considered as final and no change/alteration/modification will be allowed/entertained after submission of the online application under any circumstances.
4. After successful registration, a provisional unique registration number(URN) will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. The registration number along with the password shall be sent to the Applicant to the given email ID and SMS to given mobile number in the application. The applicants has to use the registration number and password for log in into the website where he can generate, the challan in triplicate to enable him to pay the fee. Applicant has to take out a print out of the system generated Fee Payment Challan. The applicants has to retain this number and password for future references.
5. The applicant is further advised to fill in the online application form in one go and save the data. The applicant can edit the particulars if needed before final submission of the application form. Once the application is filled completely, the applicant should submit the data.
The applicants shall be subjected to an Aptitude Test with a total of 100 maximum marks covering the following subjects/topics. Aptitude Test (Paper -1) will be comprising four parts (Part A,B,C & D). The duration of the Aptitude test will be 2 hours(120 minutes). There is no negative marking.
Part A : 25 questions on General Knowledge - Questions on current events, sports, history, geography, basic economics, general politics, Indian constitution, science enviornments etc (25 marks)
Part B : 25 questions on Mathematics of matriculation standard which may cover number system, simplification, decimals, corrections, simple and compound interest, percentage, average, profit and loss, discount, menstruation, Time & Work and time & distance etc.( 25 marks)
Part C : 25 questions on English covering grammer (prepositions, adverbs, conjunction, direct/indirect speech, singular & plural, tenses, antonyms/synonyms etc. (25 marks)
Part D: 25 questions on Reasoning and analytical Ability (25 marks).
Computer/Typing Test (Paper -II): The typing test will be for a duration of 30 minutes (15 minutes for typing and 15 minutes for data entry) consisting one passage of 450 words in english or 375 words in Hindi to be typed with a minimum speed of 30 words per minute or 25 words per minute respectively. The marks will be based on the speed and accuracy. This is a combined test, and marks in both the components will be put together for qualifying.