: One Word Substitution
Here is the quiz of one words corresponding to long sentences in english vocabulary.
1. One who firmly believes in fate or destiny ?
Answer: C. Fatalist
Strong believer in fate is called fatalist
2. A disease or accident which ends in death?
Answer: A. Fatal
Other words which can be used in place of fatal are deadly, mortal or killing. Basically fatal is a disease or accident which leads people to death.
3. A supporter of the cause of women ?
Answer: D. Feminist
A feminist is a person who believes that women should have the same rights and opportunities as men.
4. The murder of brother ?
Answer: B. Fratricide
One who has killed one's brother or sister is called fratricide.
5. Without payment or free of cost ?
Answer: A. Gratis
Gratis is something free of cost.
6. One who talks too much ?
Answer: B. Garrulous
Other synonyms for Garrulous are chattering, chatty.
7. Eliminating or killing of a whole race ?
8. Doctor for skin disease?
Answer: A. Dermatologist
Dermatologist takes care of diseases, in the widest sense, and some cosmetic problems of the skin, scalp, hair, and nails.
9. One who does a thing for pleasure and not as profession.
10. Government by the priests or a government which has its state religion.