: Operating System (Page 5)
(Showing: 41 - 50 out of 94 MCQs) Operating System is the main function-able part of our computer system. The operating system multiple choice questions and answers are discussed as below along with their explanations as necessary.
41. Which of the following commands is given to reboot the Computer?
Answer: A. Ctrl + Alt + Del
42. It is not possible to have a deadlock involving only a single process. Why?
Answer: A. This follows directly from the hold-and-wait condition
43. Dead-lock in an Operating System is
Answer: A. Definite waiting process
44. Which of the following approaches do not require knowledge of the system state?
45. The simplest way to break a deadlock is to
Answer: A. Kill one of the processes
46. Which of the following scheduling policy is well suited for time shared operating system?
47. The maximum amount of information that is available in one portion of the disk access arm for a removal disk pack (without further movement of the arm with multiple heads)
Answer: A. A cylinder of data
Answer: B. Critical for even the simplest operating systems
49. A major security problem for operating system is
Answer: A. Authentication problem
50. To protect system,there are how many security levels?