: Computer Networks (Page 4)
(Showing: 31 - 37 out of 37 MCQs) Collection of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) of Computer Networking is given below
31. Which of the following terms is used to describe a hardware- or software-based device that protects networks from outside threats?
32. Which of the following devices assigns IP address to devices connected to a network that uses TCP/IP?
Answer: A. DHCP Server
DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) is used to provide Ip Address to all connected devies dynamicaly that uses TCP/IP.
33. Which of the following devices translates hostnames into IP addresses?
34. Switch is a Device of _________ Layer of OSI Model.
Answer: B. Data Link Layer
Switches Operate On The Second Layer of OSI Model That is Data Link Layer.
35. HUB is a _________ Device and Switch is a ________ Device.
Answer: C. Broadcast, Unicast
Hub is a Broadcasting Device and Switch is a Unicasting Device because Switch have Memory Element to Store MAC Address.
36. Star Topology is Based On a Central Device that can be __________ ?
Answer: D. Both A and B
HUB and Switch are used in Star Type Networks.
37. The data on a DVD is held in the form of ....... on the disc.
Answer: A. small pits and bumps