April 21, 2015
1. Name the former CM of Odisha who passed away recently ?
Answer: J B Patnaik
Explanation: Former Governor of Assam and three-time Chief Minister of Odisha Janaki Ballav Patnaik is no more. He passed away in a private hospital at Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh.He was 89 years old and is survived by his wife Jayanti Patnaik, son Pruthvi Ballav Patnaik and two daughters – Sudatta Patnaik and Supriya Patnaik.
2. Mohammad Morsi jailed for 20 years. Who is Mohammad Morsi ?
Answer: Egypt's Former President
Explanation: A Cairo court has sentenced former Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi and 12 other defendants to 20 years in prison.The court acquitted the former president of murder charges that could have seen him face the death penalty. Morsi also faces serious charges in three other cases, including an accusation that he passed intelligence to Qatar.
3. ICICI Bank Ltd. launched which scheme recently ?
Explanation: ICICI Bank has launched Proximity Payment Solution, a simple Tap and Pay experience using NFC (Near Field Communication) enabled tag. The solution has several benefits:
1. Replaces Cash/Card/Vouchers with just a Tap N Pay tag
2. Saves time and effort
3. Sends instantaneous SMS payment confirmation to customer with the transaction amount and balance
Steps to enroll for 'Tap-n-pay' scheme :
1. Register Online :Visit https://mobomoney.in/ICICI and click on ‘Register’ to get enrolled
2. Deposit Money : Deposit Money either online or through an SMS
Send 'MM<Amount><Last Six Digits of your ICICI Bank Savings Account number>' to 9222208888 from your registered mobile number.
3. Tag Issuance : Get your Tap N Pay
4. Tap and Pay : Tap the Tag at any merchant counter Tag issued
4. IDBI launched which scheme recently ?
Answer: ‘Rupay Platinum Debit Card’
Explanation: In order to promote card transactions and stay competitive, Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI) has tied up with National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to launch Rupay Platinum Debit card with upgraded features.
The Rupay Platinum Debit card enables cost-effective, fast and secure access to large number of ATMs, POS terminals, e-commerce websites and participating merchant establishments across the country. Customers can benefit from various discounts and offers that can be got on registering for the card
All transactions under this card scheme are processed within the country and are in compliance with the regulatory requirement for debit cards and the PIN has been made mandatory for performing any kind of transactions. This ensures a higher level of security to the customers.
IDBI Bank is the youngest, new generation public sector universal bank that rides on a cutting edge Core Banking platform with strong service orientation. This enables the bank to offer personalized banking and financial solutions to its clients.
5. Who is appointed as Chief Adviser of Anti-Corruption & Security Unit of BCCI ?
Answer: Neeraj Kumar
Explanation: Former Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar was appointed as chief advisor of the BCCI's Anti Corruption & Security Unit (ACSU) for a term of one year. The decision to appoint Kumar to the top post was taken at the Governing Council Meeting of the Indian Premier League, which was chaired by IPL chairman Rajeev Shukla.
6. Who won cadet girls’ doubles title at the French Junior and Cadet Open ?
Answer: Archana Kamath
Explanation: India’s Archana Kamath won the cadet girls’ doubles title at the French junior and cadet open in Metz late.Archana, the reigning sub-junior national table tennis champion, partnered Anezka Ilcikova of the Czech Republic to defeat the French pair of Lucie Gauthier and Leili Mostafavi in the final.
7. Who won Monte Carlo Masters title of Tennis ?
Answer: Novak Djokovic
Explanation: Novak Djokovic beat Tomas Berdych to win his second Monte Carlo title and become the first man to win the opening three Masters events of the season.
8. Which day is observed on 21st April 2015 across India ?
Answer: Ninth Civil Services Day
Explanation: Ninth Civil Services Day was observed across India on 21 April 2015. The day is observed by all Civil Services to re-dedicate and re-commit themselves to the cause of the people.
9. Name the Former Bengal U-19 Cricket captain who died recently ?
Answer: Ankit Keshri
Explanation: Former Bengal U-19 Cricket captain passed away owing to an injury sustained during a Cricket Association of Bengal's Senior one-day knock-out match on April 17.
10. Indian surgeons removed world's largest kidney. What is the weigh of that Kidney ?
Answer: 2.75 kgs
Explanation: Surgeons have removed the world's largest kidney weighing 2.75 kg from a 45-year-old patient, authorities at Delhi's Sir Ganga Ram Hospital.Subash Yadav (name changed) was diagnosed with chronic renal failure with severe pain in the abdomen, blood in urine and high fever. Little did he know that what was building inside his body was a kidney almost equivalent to the size of a baby. Normal kidneys weigh approximately 130 grams. The Guinness Book of World Records reports a kidney weighing 2.15 kg as the world's largest, which was removed in Dhule, Maharashtra, in 2011.